The ISO 41001:2018 was developed for organizations that integrate or manage facilities management systems that can integrate compliance with the new standards into their businesses. This standard was developed to take into account the rapid growth and increasing complexity of the facilities management market. This is not sector specific and is intended to apply to all organizations or parts of an organization, both public and private, regardless of the type, size and type of organization or geographic location. ISO 41001: 2018 sets the requirements for a facility management system (FM) if an organization:
- must demonstrate effective and efficient FM delivery to support the objectives of the organization's requests;
- It aims to constantly meet the needs of interested parties and the applicable requirements;
- It aims to be sustainable in a globally competitive environment.
The requirements specified in ISO 41001: 2018 are not sector specific and apply to all organizations or parts thereof, both public and private, regardless of the type, size and type of organization or geographic location.
Why is the ISO 41001: 2018 important?
- Better communication about the requirements and methods between public and private sector organizations.
- Greater efficiency and effectiveness, which increases cost benefits for companies.
- The facilities management market is currently dominated by disorganized players. This structured framework will prepare and master the potential and challenges of the market to come. This will show effective and efficient FM delivery to support the organization's demand objectives. ISO 410001: 2018 FM the objective is to constantly meet the needs of interested parties and the applicable requirements.
- This standard aims to be sustainable in a globally competitive environment.
- Increase in productivity, safety, health and welfare of employees.
- The consistency of the service has improved.
- It provides a shared platform for all types of organizations.
How we can help?
ISO 41001: 2018 provides the skills and experience to evaluate the facilities management system of your organization. This classification service helps your company build stakeholder confidence by recognizing several stages and offering full reviews and reports.
The benefits of ISO 410001:2018
- A certified unit for the management of the structures can request to be presented and evaluated with the quality certification according to ISO 41001: 2018. By requesting a certification for the management of the structures, the sales and sales power increases.
- With successful and well-organized facilities management, companies can increase their profitability, increase their productivity, reduce commercial risk, increase their competitiveness and let demand organizations focus their efforts on their core business and their decisive competitive advantage.
- This also leads to increased productivity, safety, health and welfare of employees, greater efficiency and effectiveness, which offers a cost advantage for the company and offers a constant service and compliance with SLA.
There are both soft and hard facility management.
The Soft Facility Management
According to ISO 41001: 2018, the scope of software structure management includes:
- It including employees and organizations. This refers to the psychology of work and the physiology of work (such as catering, cleaning, information and communication technology, human resources, accounting, marketing, hospitality).
- Aesthetics (decoration or landscape, etc.)
- Mail management
- Move / relocate the office
- Office / courtesy label
- Soft facility management is a service used directly by staff and can make workplaces safer or more fun. Usually, they are not mandatory and can be removed or added at any time.
- Some examples of software services are: The building security and cleaning
The Hard Management
According to ISO 41001: 2018, the scope of hard facility management includes:
- It covers all rooms and infrastructure. This refers to a physically built environment with special attention to space (work) and infrastructure (buildings) (such as planning, design, workplace, construction, leasing, accommodation, maintenance and furniture).
- fire protection system
- air conditioning
- Preventive maintenance of buildings or building repairs.
- Electromechanical treatment
- The management of rigid structures refers to the physical part of the building and cannot be eliminated. This is the "important" and guarantees the safety and welfare of the staff.
- The law requires the heaviest services and includes provisions such as: